Weight Cutting Survey

Jiu Jitsu Forums Forums Jiu Jitsu Discussion Weight Cutting Survey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

OliverBarley
    Participant

Hello,

I work with the research staff at Edith Cowan University in
    Western Australia. We are doing research into weight loss in combat sports and
    have developed a short (10-20 mins) anonymous online survey. If you compete in
    any combat sport you are eligible to complete it. If you can spare the time you
    would be helping the scientific community get a better understanding of weight
    loss in combat sports. The survey is both desktop and mobile friendly.

If you have any questions I would be happy to help,

Oliver Barley, Msc

Survey link –
    https://ecuau.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3xvWwwRj6QdlESF

halfguardian
    Participant

Completed the survey. 

Just some constructive criticism: Maybe you should leave an optional bar at the end, saying if you’d like to comment on how to improve the survey, otherwise people might involuntarily skew the end results incorrectly. 
    In these surveys, I think you need options such as “not at all”. Also, when it comes to ranking who influenced me the most – id have to say at least 4 of those people had nothing to do with it, but i still had to rank them. 
    Also, Im not sure how your data will be affected. It asks the question “how much weight do you put on between weighing in and your match”, but that question won’t give you a legitimate answer, because we weigh in like 10 minutes before we fight, whereas some other organisations or sports weigh in the day before. This may wreck your results unless you can split these results accordingly.
    Again, nothing but constructive criticism 🙂 Keep at it!

OliverBarley
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

rediska
    Participant

Completed the survey, pretty interesting. I’m no expert on weightloss, though. I always compete at my natural weight and it’s not like a lot of guys out there are trying to outcut me since I am pretty light.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.