Ten Year Anniversary WOOT!

Jiu Jitsu Forums Forums Jiu Jitsu Discussion Ten Year Anniversary WOOT!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

underdog
    Participant

Hey everyone, just super stoked to say I’ve been on the mats for ten years. I started BJJ as a teen (16) and worked for Grapplers Quest in high school. This sport has brought me hundreds of friends, dozens of amazing memories, confidence, love, health and most of all FUN! There are some OG’s out there who have been training much longer but ten years for me is my entire adult life (26 now). Looking forward to the next ten!

How long has everyone been training?

jthomas1600
    Participant

Congratulations. That’s almost half you life.

I started when I was about 37, rolled for a year and then quit due to a move and change in occupation. Started back up when I was 44 and have been back at it for the last 6 years. 

Tyharris14
    Participant

I’ve been doing it about 5 and a half years now (although 4 of those years I was only training at college, all summer off)

Girafa
    Participant

Started judo at age 6 went into mma and grappling around age 21 did a little aikido and karate somewhere. Started bjj at age 25. Now 31 years old and still loving it.

stevebuyshouses
    Participant

Nine years in a couple of months

jackjitsu
    Keymaster

Soooo lucky to start so young. Wasnt even around when I was a kid.

Started at 36…. 12 years later, still going at it 🙂

underdog
    Participant

Soooo lucky to start so young. Wasnt even around when I was a kid.

Started at 36…. 12 years later, still going at it 🙂

I was a karate kid first lol!

JitsTat
    Participant

That’s awesome! Happy Anniversary. I’m only 5 months into my journey but I’m fully hooked and train about 10 hours each week. I wish i had found this sport earlier in life.

christiancastleman
    Participant

14yrs and counting…wish I would have started sooner.  51 now and some things are getting harder due to age.

judofunk112
    Participant

Started Judo in 2005 and and later Bjj in 2009 or so.  Life keeps getting in the way, but I won’t stop. 

nathan barley
    Participant

I started Bjj at 26, nearly 7 years ago. I also did about 5 years of moderately competitive judo as a kid and have trained judo on and off concurrently with Bjj.  

scifigal
    Participant

Congrats! I am at the 6+ year mark. This summer will be 7 years. I started just before I turned 34.

jiujitsunoob
    Participant

Also just passed my 10 year mark, working on year 11 now, will complete it around this time next year.  I actually don’t have an exact date when I started but it was shortly before I turned 40 and I’m about to turn 50 so it’s easy to get the approximate dates correct.

BJJMark95
    Participant

damn… My 10 year mark is April 1st.. We is old…  🙄

But not nearly as old as Jack! 

:dance:

LDS3
    Participant

congrats. I’m somewhere between 4-5 trying to get where you are.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.