Competition Choices

Jiu Jitsu Forums Forums Jiu Jitsu Discussion Competition Choices

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

stephlcurry
    Participant

I have the option of doing the IBJJF Dallas Open competition late this month or the NAGA competition in the middle of next month.  Are there any major differences with how these comps are run that would make one a better option for a first time competitor?  I know that with the Dallas Open there is no masters division for white belt so I will be competing with younger people but since I am going into this with just the goal of surviving as long as I can, I am not too worried about that.

Just wanted to know what other differences there might be with the different comps 🙂

jackjitsu
    Keymaster

IBJJF comps are run about 1000000% better than Naga.

This is a no brainer. Seriously.  So many stories of people going to Naga, having a scheduled match for 1pm, and fighting at 8pm instead.

stephlcurry
    Participant

Okay that is what I was looking for… my coach was pushing for as many people to register for the Dallas Open so I guess that makes the decision for me.  I have only been to a couple of comps as a spectator and they were very very small ones so I didn’t have any real comparison.

Thanks!!

stephlcurry
    Participant

And it is official.  I am signed up for the Dallas Open.  Now to stop freaking myself out and just do what I know and see how it turns out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.