Best BJJ Gi under $200 ?

Jiu Jitsu Forums Forums Jiu Jitsu Discussion Best BJJ Gi under $200 ?

• This topic contains 57 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  saltlick 1 week ago.
Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author

bjj_mojo
    Participant

I was worried about how light it was at first but i have been pleasantly surprised with how durable it is.

Tyharris14
    Participant

I definitely agree with mark, hyperflys are amazing, legitimately the softest collar I’ve ever felt, their other stuff is good too

CharlieBrown
    Participant

RollBliss making some dope gis for under $130. Check them out at rollblissgi.com.

halfguardian
    Participant

I got a Raven Fightwear gi for about $100 and it fits really well. The legs are a good slim fit which is good for me, and it seems to be holding up nice and strong after a year. 

Its good if you wanna chuck out a petty $100 for a lot of excitement anyway:) Everyone loves buying his and $100 is cheap for a quality gi. You can pick the gi colour and stitching colour as well

saltlick
    Participant

Ive been happy with the two Gis i have, OSS and Grips. Both around the $120-$140 range. I have a 93Brand on the way, looks good.

stevebuyshouses
    Participant

The new Pedro Sauer association gi is by Grips just picked it up last week and it is very nice. It is built off of the Grips 2.0 model.

jthomas1600
    Participant

Ive been happy with the two Gis i have, OSS and Grips. Both around the $120-$140 range. I have a 93Brand on the way, looks good.

My wife bought me a 93Brand a few weeks ago. Fit’s great, looks great…. the pants ripped out the second or third time I wore them. I bought them from BBJHQ which is known for not offering refunds/returns because you know going in it’s a clearing house. We contacted them, explained the situation, they said they’d try and find a replacement pair and a week later they showed up in the mail (shout out!!!). Hopefully the material failure was a one off and I’ll get a few years out of the gi because it really is slick. 

saltlick
    Participant

My wife bought me a 93Brand a few weeks ago. Fit’s great, looks great…. the pants ripped out the second or third time I wore them. I bought them from BBJHQ which is known for not offering refunds/returns because you know going in it’s a clearing house. We contacted them, explained the situation, they said they’d try and find a replacement pair and a week later they showed up in the mail (shout out!!!). Hopefully the material failure was a one off and I’ll get a few years out of the gi because it really is slick. 

doh!! hope i have better luck than that i got mine off fleabay.

Birdman
    Participant

I have a kingz 420 ripstop and it is a nice gi.

I have a submission gi and it is a decent gi. doesn’t shrink.

my next gi will be a 93 brands hooks 2.0 gi… Gonna retire the submisiion GI.

Fuji GI for some reason have never fit me well. Their sizing is off but doesn’t help that im a rolly polly either

andy-barker
    Participant

@tyharris14  You should go check out the school that Ricardo (DFKC) has opened. Da Firma Training Center.

regaldeagle
    Participant

I can +1 on KillerBee.  Jesse’s customer service is pretty awesome and my first two GIs I bought from him back in 2011 are still going strong 6 years later.

Birdman
    Participant

I own two sets of 93 brand gi’s and a kingz 420 gi. All great gi’s but i always tend to wear my 93 brand more. They come in L and H sizes which is good for my body style.  I notice that when i roll and get sweaty the kingz stretches alot more then the 93 brand.

Another gi i really like is the daybyday gi’s.

saltlick
    Participant

My Fav are still the Grips secret weapon and the Tatami Estillo 5.0

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.