Best BJJ Gi under $200 ?

Jiu Jitsu Forums Forums Jiu Jitsu Discussion Best BJJ Gi under $200 ?

• This topic contains 57 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  saltlick 1 week ago.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author

stevebuyshouses
    Participant

Jack I have 2 Fujis too and I do love them as well, they fit me like they are tailored…they are our association Gis. I think one is 5.5 years old and the other is 4.5 years old and they still look new.

I happen to be one of those gi whores, but I am also a shoe and watch whore as well so it is in the veins.

jackjitsu
    Keymaster

I only train twice a week…. but I abuse my Fuji. Wash it then dry it HOT every time.

Not sure how long ive had it, but its been at least 3 years and its going strong.  Accidentally over bleached it once too, and that definitely did some damage. No sign its going to die anytime soon.

ktownhero
    Participant

Oohhhh my friend I am looking for delivery of my origin soon soon soon and I will let you know, but so far my most expensive gi is my most favorite gi (over $300).

And Ktownhero you only get 10 months out if a gi? How many Gis do you have? I have 3 Gis that are 5+ years old and another that is 6 and one of my 6 year old ones I passed on and it is still going strong. No rips in pants by the way….do you train individually with Roger Gracie lol he has ripped some lapels before and either Steve…PT did or someone he fought ripped his…true story. @pesadelotriangulo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, you were reading what I quoted from somebody else.  My Gis last for years.  I wash them in hot water and then hang dry.  My Gis still look brand new (Killer Bee). 

Also, FWIW, I use Killer Bee Gi-material belts too.  They are awesome.  They hang nicely and will never fall apart.  I swear I am not affiliated with the company, I just like their stuff 🙂

underdog
    Participant

I still have my first gi, a MKM competition gi from Koral. The kimono hasn’t pulled apart and I still wear it. 7 years and going strong. Also under $200

stevebuyshouses
    Participant

I still have my first gi, a MKM competition gi from Koral. The kimono hasn’t pulled apart and I still wear it. 7 years and going strong. Also under $200

Barely under $200 I have that one as well, my first nice Gi amd it is still going and almost 7 years as well.

Frekreational
    Participant

Fuji Victory’s are on BJJHQ today for $70 if folks are looking for an inexpensive & durable Gi.

stevebuyshouses
    Participant

Beware bjjhq.com is the devil/crack rock for BJJ guys. It will make you get a second job and constantly have to sell your wife on why “that is such a great deal” and “it is regularly xxx” and “no really just one more rash guard” run for you life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aiseop
    Participant

yes it is!  i gotta stop soon.  i am going to a wedding this summer and my suit came in (macy’s) the mail. i took it out of the bag but left it in its plastic cover. Wife comes by and is like, “oh, another jiu-jitsu gi? jesus.”   =))

stevebuyshouses
    Participant

I have resorted to negotiations on a top level, I recently entered into an agreement to drink sodas only with meals and water the rest of the time. Exchanged for the Origin 2014 release 🙂 got to do what you got to do.

Spiderguard man
    Participant

My fujis have never shrunk, which was kind of a bummer because i bought an a6 for my kassen 2 in black nd it is a bit big, though feels like a judo top. If you want a gi that wont shrink go with fuji

aiseop
    Participant

I really like my Flow Kimono gi, too. Plus, they hooked me up when I ordered a size too big.  Quick reply to my inquiry, resolved fast. Plus, they sell real hemp gis and their business ethos is something I’m down with.  

BJJMark95
    Participant

I just made the change from Shoyoroll

I now am rocking (for the worlds too) some new HyperFlys and they are sick. The competition Hyperfly fits me like a glove. The Premium one is a bit big but still very nice.
    They are like $150-$160 which is pretty reasonable. 

aiseop
    Participant

I like their pants. That stretchy material is awesome.

bjj_mojo
    Participant

I really like my Flow Kimono gi, too. Plus, they hooked me up when I ordered a size too big.  Quick reply to my inquiry, resolved fast. Plus, they sell real hemp gis and their business ethos is something I’m down with.  

I just got one too from Flow. It is one of my favorite gi’s at the moment. Well worth the extra money.

aiseop
    Participant

My softest gi.  Really nice. And it breathes.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.