Best BJJ Gi under $200 ?

Jiu Jitsu Forums Forums Jiu Jitsu Discussion Best BJJ Gi under $200 ?

• This topic contains 57 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  saltlick 1 week ago.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Ringwormking
    Participant

Not rodger Gracie. Just washer and dryer. The dryer takes a lot of life out of a gi. But it does kill all the nasties.

Tyharris14
    Participant

I haven’t had a pair of pants rip in like three years of washing and drying lol

andy-barker
    Participant

Da Firma Kimono Company. Great gear, small company, OUTSTANDING customer service.

http://www.dafirmabjj.com/

Tyharris14
    Participant

@andy-barker they’re based like 45 minutes from me too

Ringwormking
    Participant

I haven’t had a pair of pants rip in like three years of washing and drying lol

Lucky. I get holes on the knees. Jackets will normally be the elbows or around and behind the collar. My gym also has older school tatami mats that are ruffer. I think that may add to a lot of the wear I see.

Tyharris14
    Participant

Yea probably, seems like it’d have to be more friction than pulling

underdog
    Participant

I have like 20 gi’s, some I bought, some I won but overall my Atama Mundial #7 is my favorite. Its right at the $200 mark but well worth the price. The collar doesn’t get floppy and isn’t too stiff, it hasn’t shrunk and the pants are super light weight and dry fast. Paired with some underarmor compression shorts and a rashguard its the perfect gi. I bought mine in blue and its still very bright after hundreds of washings. I just checked on amazon and the #9 has a few improvements like a one piece constructed kimono top. It’s also true to size. @ringwormking- I just saw you mentioned that your gi pants rip, I wanted to add that the atama mundial has nylon not cotton, ripstop pants.

Tyharris14
    Participant

Didn’t atama go out of business?

stevebuyshouses
    Participant

Not sure if they went totally out of business or not moving forward in the states. I think their owner recently passed away.

aiseop
    Participant

the north american distributor passed away. they’re still in business but being slow to transition.

stevebuyshouses
    Participant

That is good to know because an atama mundial #9 is still on my short list 🙂

That Gi is solid

stevebuyshouses
    Participant

That is good to know because an atama mundial #9 is still on my short list 🙂

That Gi is solid

Edit their belts last forever too

aiseop
    Participant

you can see beatriz mesquita wearing an atama at the world pro that happened recently. most of them wear gis through sponsorship

jackjitsu
    Keymaster

Fujis are solid.  Will a $200 GI last longer than two $75 Fujis?  Seriously doubt it.

Im thrilled the Fuji cut fits me well, otherwise would probably have to buy something more expensive.

bjj_mojo
    Participant

Fujis are solid.  Will a $200 GI last longer than two $75 Fujis?  Seriously doubt it.

Im thrilled the Fuji cut fits me well, otherwise would probably have to buy something more expensive.

You know for some reason I have never thought of buying two fujis instead of one really expensive gi… I also really enjoy 2 for 1’s so that helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.