Best BJJ Gi under $200 ?

Jiu Jitsu Forums Forums Jiu Jitsu Discussion Best BJJ Gi under $200 ?

• This topic contains 57 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  saltlick 1 week ago.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author

BiloxiBJJ
    Participant

Hey all,

I’ve been using less expensive Gis, mostly Fuji which are great beginner gis in my opinion.
    Now i’m thinking about a next level gi, something really durable from a quality company.
    I like the Venum Absolute Gi but i’m wondering for around $200 is there a better gi i’m 
    missing out on?
    Thanks in advance

PirateGrego
    Participant

Lots of gis are pretty awesome for under $200. Ive never owned a Venum, but I’ve never seen a difference in quality in any gi that would justify spending $200 (i’m very cheap).

Fuji is perfectly fine. You should also think about what you want out of a gi. Do you want light weight? Ripstop? Swanky design? All these should factor into your decision.

ktownhero
    Participant

I’m partial to Killer Bee myself.  I own two of their gis.  I love the fit, quality and the fact that they are sold by what seems like a regular dude that trains in BJJ. 

aiseop
    Participant

Not for nothing but I’ve been on a gi buying binge recently (4 in the last 3 months).  Tatami estilo 4.0 is the best one I’ve bought — but by a nose, they’re all good. (I got a grab n pull – tatami estilo 4.0 – Do or Die Hyperfly NYC – Flow classic).

mr_smiley_
    Participant

I go with the Kingz 420, but I firmly believe that there really aren’t any gis out there that are actually of better quality than the Fujis. The main reason to pay for anything else is style/cut/swag.

Spiderguard man
    Participant

go with the kassen 2 by fuji it is super boss. The kassen 1 is also a solid gi, but the 2 is better.

stevebuyshouses
    Participant

For $200 go Origin top notch and American made.
    I concur on a gi spree here lately and estilo 4.0 is top notch too and lucky hemp is awesome.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Spiderguard man
    Participant

i want more gis… need to train more though

Raylan
    Participant

I picked up a Senso Gi for $100 (they are usually $130). Fits like it was custom mad made for me.

My next purchase will be a Padilla and Sons Gold weave ($110).

OZBJJ
    Participant

Slim fit Gi’s for $150 US from lankfg.com

creslinz69
    Participant

I gotta go with the Origin Pro Comp.

Ringwormking
    Participant

I wish all gi came with a second pair of pants. Pants are always the first to go. On average the gi top gives me about 10 monthes of use, if it is the first in my line up. Pants only seem to last 6 monthes or so before the first rip.
    So what gi(s) would you recommend that come with two pants?

ktownhero
    Participant

I wish all gi came with a second pair of pants. Pants are always the first to go. On average the gi top gives me about 10 monthes of use, if it is the first in my line up. Pants only seem to last 6 monthes or so before the first rip.
    So what gi(s) would you recommend that come with two pants?

Try getting some rip-stop pants. 

jthomas1600
    Participant

I have a couple of X Guard gis. They’re in the $150 range and are awesome gis. Really well built, good fit, look good, etc. I have a Moya Brand gi that was $180 but I got it for $140 on clearance. Fit’s a little slim on that one, but it’s well built and looks awesome. 

I can’t see every paying $200 for a gi. It just seems there are too many options that are more affordable. 

stevebuyshouses
    Participant

Oohhhh my friend I am looking for delivery of my origin soon soon soon and I will let you know, but so far my most expensive gi is my most favorite gi (over $300).

And Ktownhero you only get 10 months out if a gi? How many Gis do you have? I have 3 Gis that are 5+ years old and another that is 6 and one of my 6 year old ones I passed on and it is still going strong. No rips in pants by the way….do you train individually with Roger Gracie lol he has ripped some lapels before and either Steve…PT did or someone he fought ripped his…true story. @pesadelotriangulo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.