Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook

In this Discussion

Weight Cutting Survey

Hello,

I work with the research staff at Edith Cowan University in
Western Australia. We are doing research into weight loss in combat sports and
have developed a short (10-20 mins) anonymous online survey. If you compete in
any combat sport you are eligible to complete it. If you can spare the time you
would be helping the scientific community get a better understanding of weight
loss in combat sports. The survey is both desktop and mobile friendly.

If you have any questions I would be happy to help,

Oliver Barley, Msc

Survey link -
https://ecuau.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3xvWwwRj6QdlESF

Comments

• halfguardianhalfguardian Posts: 776
    Completed the survey. 

Just some constructive criticism: Maybe you should leave an optional bar at the end, saying if you'd like to comment on how to improve the survey, otherwise people might involuntarily skew the end results incorrectly. 

In these surveys, I think you need options such as "not at all". Also, when it comes to ranking who influenced me the most - id have to say at least 4 of those people had nothing to do with it, but i still had to rank them. 

Also, Im not sure how your data will be affected. It asks the question "how much weight do you put on between weighing in and your match", but that question won't give you a legitimate answer, because we weigh in like 10 minutes before we fight, whereas some other organisations or sports weigh in the day before. This may wreck your results unless you can split these results accordingly.

Again, nothing but constructive criticism :) Keep at it!
  • Thanks for the feedback :)
  • rediskarediska Posts: 1,265
    Completed the survey, pretty interesting. I'm no expert on weightloss, though. I always compete at my natural weight and it's not like a lot of guys out there are trying to outcut me since I am pretty light.