Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook

In this Discussion

Benched

rediskarediska Posts: 1,265
edited January 22 in Jiu Jitsu Discussion
I'm on the bench right now and have no means what-so-ever to prepare for any fighting event. I live in Mira Mesa, CA. I am looking for cooperative training partners in my area. Right now it's raining so we can't do it in the park, but maybe someone has got a place/space dedicated to training jiujitsu. Maybe Gracie University, maybe just an independent  garage. I know jiujitsu, and I like playing chess and eating sandwhiches. I'm looking for a 3:1 drilling to sparring ratio. I do NOT want to hurt someone or be hurt myself. There is some cool stuff I am working on, including throws into leglocks and armlocks and halfguard and fifty fifty guard as well as the critical escapes. Even if you are just a blue belt I'll let you practice these on me, but I also wanna practice these on you!
To be clear: I am no looking for a new gym. Just some open-minded people looking to learn something new. Maybe we can film our training session and post it on JiuJittsuForums. If anyone has got technique questions, I don't mind answering them, either.
I'm not looking for a new gym, because I'm holding on to the hope I may return to the one I was at.
As far as clothing goes - jeans are fine. Probably a sweater, too, given the weather. I think we can start off meeting once a week, for an hour and a half.

Comments

• bma_matbma_mat Posts: 11,964
    What belt are you? Who gave you said belt?
  • rediskarediska Posts: 1,265
    edited January 22
    I never graded and did  a lot of No Gi. I even medalled in  Advanced Division in competition. Mat, we'll film a training session and then you can talk about how much I need a blue belt.
    edited January 22
    I remember when I was not graded and did a lot of no gi. I'd shit on that version of myself within seconds.

Sorry man, but I sincerely doubt you're as good as you think you are.

Edit:. To be clear,i think you're still white belt level, not blue.
    I am looking for training partners, nothing more. 
  • JoyJoy Posts: 478
    edited January 22
    Joys jits dungeon
    Joy said:

Joys jits dungeon

Joy, if you are serious, pm me the location, please. So long as you are somewhere in San Diego, I'd look forward to training with you. Maybe we can gather a dedicated group. Unless you are just being cute with me.
    rediska said:

Joy said:

Joys jits dungeon

Joy, if you are serious, pm me the location, please. So long as you are somewhere in San Diego, I'd look forward to training with you. Maybe we can gather a dedicated group. Unless you are just being cute with me.
    I was kidding. I'm in Canada. San Diego? kaio Terra dude..
    I'm looking to train and learn at my own pace not get destroyed with an extremely technical Black Belt champion like Caio Terra. I know a learning experience can be good for you but nobody likes to be simply used.
  • If you're in the San Diego area and don't want to go to a school you're selling yourself short. I'm not from there but I have only heard positive things from that area. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by not wanting to be used by a technical black belt. Basically saying you don't want to learn from someone because they know more than you do. I pray that I'm NEVER the best one that I train with. I would prefer that everyone I train with knows more than I do.
    Thanked by 1christiancastleman
  • regaldeagleregaldeagle Posts: 290
    I would go train at a legit school. If you aren't ranked, you are a white belt in the GI. At least until you get ranked.
    Thanked by 1christiancastleman
    He's probably trolling... You guys don't know his post history. First troll this forum had was him.

Then again... He could be this naive...i wouldn't put it past him

If you're in the San Diego area and don't want to go to a school you're selling yourself short. I'm not from there but I have only heard positive things from that area. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by not wanting to be used by a technical black belt. Basically saying you don't want to learn from someone because they know more than you do. I pray that I'm NEVER the best one that I train with. I would prefer that everyone I train with knows more than I do.

When I say I don't want to be used by a black belt, that's exactly what I mean. Not much room for diplomacy here. If you want to be abused, I am sure many people would be happy to have you. Yes, learning is good, but being abused isn't. Especially when the difference in experience is huge. I've formed my views on BJJ as a result of training with many people who have no stops or morals. I don't want to be one of them or deal with them. 

Also, I understand you didn't visit my website? I gave an account of why I am on the bench there. But I'll give it here one more time.
    Essentially, I was going to a Kung Fu school three times a week. I wanted to learn something new, kung fu seemed interesting, if frustrating. Also, I wanted to keep my BJJ skills from rusting, and with their once a week No Gi class I could do just that. However...In their system, all beginners get partnered up with a trainer, who gives privates for thirty minutes to an hour. After a couple months, I got a little frustrated with mine, and when he instructed me to give him an elbow to the spinal column, so he could catch it on a mitt, if he is fast enough to be worthy of being a trainer, and I threw him twice, once with ouchi-gari and once kouchi-gari. I don't think he liked the feeling of loss of control, because he complained to the Head Teacher. The Head Teacher, had already talked to me about my ruthless triangle defense after I "clubbed him over the head". I got benched, with the possibility, that maybe I'll get a job there if the stars are aligned. It's all in detail at my blog, arthuryudkevichtales.com
    I don't want to go to another gym. I really liked the one I was at. I wanted to keep learning Kung Fu with the trainer I had. 

If you journey through jiujitsu, you are gonna move up in the hierarchy whether you want to, or not. As time passes, you become the best student and later an assistant teacher, etc. I have no problem sharing my knowledge OR learning from my training partners so long as they are somewhere at or below my level so that nobody can play GOD on the mat. And while I enjoy a leadership role, I don't do that, either. I think in the class I got everybody, but everybody managed to catch me too, so it's fair. I don't pretend to be superhuman and want to help everyone around me to improve as I improve myself.
    Can't tell if master troll or autistic as fuck...
  • jackjitsujackjitsu Posts: 19,353
    #-o :crazy:
    Thanked by 1bma_mat
    edited January 23
    Hey rediska, wire me 5k USD and I'll personally fly to San Diego, have a bjj match against you (can be no gi if you prefer), and if you win, give you your 5k back, plus Another 5k minus plane ticket costs (if round ticket costs me 1k, I'll pay you 9k). Let's make it happen?
    Can't tell if master troll or autistic as fuck...

Perhaps neither one?

Hey rediska, wire me 5k USD and I'll personally fly to San Diego, have a bjj match against you (can be no gi if you prefer), and if you win, give you your 5k back, plus Another 5k minus plane ticket costs (if round ticket costs me 1k, I'll pay you 9k). Let's make it happen?

Mat, I have no money and if I did I wouldn't waste it so you could prove you are maybe a little bit better. I am not looking to feed my ego. I am trying to find training partners and hopefully there is nothing criminal about it. Can we please get back to the topic? Pretty please? I think we can film a training session and post it here, so long as the people who answer the call are neither absolutely expert Black Belts nor complete beginners.

edited January 23
    Oooh... God forbid Rickson Gracie answers the call to train with you... Or some other expert black belt... Wouldn't want them abusing you right? How would you ever learn a thing?.

I'll roll blind folded in said challenge, if it's in the gi. How about that? Surely you'd win then?
    Thanked by 1rediska
    Yeah man, I just don't get his whole "can't be untrained, can't be a black belt" deal. I don't think people will be willing to meet up at the park for your "knowledge". I'd rather pay and go to a legit school.
    Mat, do you like to be abused? Really? Maybe that's where we differ. I have all of Youtube to learn from - I can usually do a move after seeing it once. 
    rediska said:

Mat, do you like to be abused? Really? Maybe that's where we differ. I have all of Youtube to learn from - I can usually do a move after seeing it once. 

Can't do it against me. Put up the money, show me I'm wrong.

Can't do it against me. Put up the money, show me I'm wrong.

I don't like being baited into things. I can't or your teachers can't? Because if you are like everybody else you've been tapping to your instructor's from day 1. Also, your provocations using the word "shit" have grown stale.

If you don't live in San Diego, maybe you can let the people who do live here have their say? Do you think you are the measure of all things? You are trolling in my thread. There is nothing wrong with looking for training partners and that's all I am doing.
    edited January 23
    rediska said:

Sry, doublpost.

edited January 23
    rediska said:

I'm looking to train and learn at my own pace not get destroyed with an extremely technical Black Belt champion like Caio Terra. I know a learning experience can be good for you but nobody likes to be simply used.

Caio Terra only destroys people when he's in competition. he rolls with white belts and is very very good with them . He is the most humble fighter ever and would never kill someone less experienced just to feed his ego .

Joy said:

rediska said:

Caio Terra only destroys people when he's in competition. he rolls with white belts and is very very good with them . He is the most humble fighter ever and would never kill someone less experienced just to feed his ego .

Still not interested. I don't think he would see me as a white belt, more likely he would think I am fair game. Besides he has his own school, right? I looking for informal training, while hoping I'll be accepted back into the Kung Fu school that I was training at. Not another Academy.

Hello, San Diegans, anybody up for training together informally? Is there really no one interested?
    Jack can you ban this kid already?. Didn't you ban him before in the judo throws 100% mortality rate argument thread like 7 years ago?
    Thanked by 1okiwen
    Ban all this entertainment?!??!?!  LOL

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :dance:
    Thanked by 1taketheback
    Rediska right now: 4412348689c875604f88a3620dee443f9c9a5414f1d5e3203d81787cd1c481b4
    Thanked by 1bma_mat

Rediska right now: 4412348689c875604f88a3620dee443f9c9a5414f1d5e3203d81787cd1c481b4

Yeah, in my dreams maybe. I've tried being as humble as I could, but because some people are arrogant they think everyone else is the same way. I know that learning continues even after you've gained a basic understanding of the subject. I'm willing to learn from my training partners to some extent. Just so long as they recognize my own skills, too. Sometimes in JiuJItsu a small detail will make or break you, but the winner will pretend it makes him the owner of the loser. I'm not interested in that sort of thing. If you have a skill, whether it's Judo, Boxing, Wrestling, Kung Fu or Kickboxing, I'd like to learn from you while you learn from me. Mutual benefit and maximum efficiency with minimum effort.
    What can you teach us?. How to avoid training with black belts and how to get kicked out of a kung fu academy?. I can already see people lining up to learn from you.

edited January 23
    Mat, I don't know whether I'd be able to teach you anything. That said:
    To a BJJ Blue Belt (not a sandbagger) I could show how to sweep or submit from closed guard, escapes and a couple basic guard passes. If he is interested in stand up I'd show double leg to paintbrush, single leg to calf-slicer, ankle pick to straight anklelock, ouchi-kouchi-ouchi-osoto to kesa gatame and ippon seoi to armbar or Ippon Seoi to Kouchigari to kneebar.
    After he has got these, I'd jump to the cool stuff that I'm working on myself. I mentioned it earlier in this thread.
    "There is some cool stuff I am working on, including throws into leglocks and armlocks and halfguard and fifty fifty guard as well as the critical escapes"
    If it's a purple or brown, I'd show the cool stuff that I am working on first, and then check if they have any obvious gaps in their game I'd try to work on that.

All in all, the training would be geared towards competing No Gi locally. I have medalled in Advanced No-Gi Division. The next step for me would be taking gold at a local tournament, before it's time to move on to something else. Like NAGA World's or Grappler's Quest, for instance.
    It is really weird that you bag on other gym owners as "people who use you" but you want folks to come train under you in a park. Also, can you link the tournament you "medalled" in advanced no gi? How many were in the bracket and what medal did you receive?

You may or may not realize it but you come off like just another TMA wannabe bada$$. It's ok, though. I used to be one too. There's help for you. Go sign up at a legit school and get that ego waxed, homie.

Video of you competing.

I laugh at how you think you could help s Brown belt identify and fix holes in his game
  • Tyharris14Tyharris14 Posts: 3,418
    ???? I'm dying
    Thanked by 1bma_mat
    I hope he's trolling, I like to think nobody is this clueless
    Thanked by 1bma_mat
    edited January 23

It is really weird that you bag on other gym owners as "people who use you" but you want folks to come train under you in a park. Also, can you link the tournament you "medalled" in advanced no gi? How many were in the bracket and what medal did you receive?

You may or may not realize it but you come off like just another TMA wannabe bada$$. It's ok, though. I used to be one too. There's help for you. Go sign up at a legit school and get that ego waxed, homie.

I got second place at an average grappling tournament and I do have video, although it's a bit dated with regards to my skill - I've improved since that tournament a lot. I had three matches wiith two guys, round robin. First round I got outpointed and got mounted. Then the guy who outpointed me lost by RNC. Then I triangled him from closed guard, while hanging in the air. Then I got dominated because I was exhausted, mounted twice, but  I did not allow myself to be submitted.
    I have much better control these days, homie. Like I said, I've managed  to let everyone at the Kung Fu scchool get me.
    Lmao
    Thanked by 1bma_mat
    Oh wow ok, so 3rd place out of 3 competitors. What was the tournament organization's name?
    Kung Fu =/= BJJ, so again I say go train at a bjj school and get course corrected. Trust me, you won't feel so exhausted from trying to convince yourself that you are superior to everyone.
    bma_mat said:

Oh wow ok, so 3rd place out of 3 competitors. What was the tournament organization's name?
    Kung Fu =/= BJJ, so again I say go train at a bjj school and get course corrected. Trust me, you won't feel so exhausted from trying to convince yourself that you are superior to everyone.

Second place out of three competitors, can't you read? It was round robin - google that if  you are not familiar with the phrase. 
    Nobody is saying that Kung Fu is BJJ. A No-Gi class at a Kung Fu school, or a Boxing or a Muay Thai  club is BJJ. 

Trust me, you won't feel so exhausted from trying to convince yourself that you are superior to everyone.
    Oh, I am not superior to everyone. Just some people. Even in BJJ, there could be a long hard road ahead of me.  
    Ok..tournament name and video plz. Thx.
    A no-gi BJJ class at a kung fu school.... yeah... high quality right there ;-)  As good as the top notch BJJ schools in san diego.  

#-o :-@ >:/ [-X 8->
    Thanked by 1bma_mat
    Wait you guys didn't know? Atos guys go to kung fu schools for no gi classes, that's why they're so good
    Thanked by 1bma_mat
    edited January 23
    The following videos are a bit dated. Please don't be too harsh. 

Grappling X

A no-gi BJJ class at a kung fu school.... yeah... high quality right there   As good as the top notch BJJ schools in san diego.  
    Jack, define quality. I've seen nothing but very technical instruction there.
    Jack... Was a no gi kung fu class of BJJ in San Diego, THAT ENDED UP KICKING HIM OUT. you left out the most important bit...

He was probably too awesome for them and threatened the sensei's credibility... /s
    edited January 23
    Hey guys, i once got 11th place out of 12 competitors, winning my 14 fights via flying gogoplata. Format was square racoon, sorry if most of you have not heard of it.

I have zero ego, just wanna add that
    edited January 23
    bma_mat please stop trolling in my thread. The video is above.

I am going back to sleep. It's 5:43 a.m. I wanna get some shut eye.

I'm convinced. Master troll. Again..tournament name?
    edited January 23
    Gapping  X, like it says above. Okay, now that I answered all of your people's questions I am off to sleep.
    Well, those videos clear it up. Two stripe white belt
    edited January 23

His blog post on getting kicked out... the last paragraph:

"In the end, Dad and I bought some ice cream, eggs and a pepperoni pizza at Seven-Eleven. That meant that the following morning I got to do my own conditioning without worrying about making it to class with reserves of strength. I also told my voices that I am not psycho, but a rational, self-controlled human being. They seemed to hear that loud and clear."

:ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: 
    Thanked by 1bma_mat
    edited January 23

Well, those videos clear it up. Two stripe white belt

It's so hard to say. His opponents were white belt 0 stripe literally.

As to rediska, some knowledge of closed guard, triangle armbar isn't horrible. Blue belt level maybe (just that aspect... And big maybe..)

Having said that... Zero knowledge of sweeps, zero guard recovery, zero half guard.

I'd say medium white belt based on that. But I'd need to see him roll against some white belts I know to judge...

I have multiple white belt friends who'd stomp him.
    edited January 23
    Double comment
    I only watched video one. You cant pass guard worth a damn. Completely lost.
    Then you grabbed his head and pulled side control.  Ive seen plenty.

Cant decide if I should be entertained by B-level trolling or feel bad because this kid had schizophrenia or some other similar condition.

Thanked by 1bma_mat
    jackjitsu said:

I only watched video one. You cant pass guard worth a damn. Completely lost.

Then you grabbed his head and pulled side control.  Ive seen plenty.

Cant decide if I should be entertained by B-level trolling or feel bad because this kid had schizophrenia or some other similar condition.

It's getting to a level trolling. The best trolls keep you guessing. Similarly, I'm stuck between feeling bad for picking on a kid with mental disabilities, and then I feel stupid for letting a troll affect me haha.

He's painted an amazing back story of vitally being retarded, but at the same time says such ludicrous shit... That how can he not be a troll?

If troll, and zero retardation... I say well done man.

Then again... Could be retarded troll?

Did you see my post about the VOICES?????
    Thanked by 1bma_mat
    Holy SHIT on the voices part!!!!

*** Whisper***. "You're the best... You're the best"

*** Whisper***. "Cut him... Make him bleed.... LIAR LIAR LIAR"

I can't help wonder if his voices have put me on some list of people to kill...
    Keep in mind Jack, he was vastly different 7 years ago, and now he comes back acting autistic... AND this is like the third time he's tried to get us to visit his blog... Knowing what's on there.

Could it be a case of him being so bitter for getting banned that he's master minded a perfect backstory did come back for the ultimate troll job?
    Was he different? He never made sense.
    Maybe more consistent with meds back then?

"Finally we returned home.

I didn't take my medication-artane- until we got there. If you hear voices, you need to take medication to shut them up. Unfortunate, but true."

His instructor was demonstrating a triangle on him, and asked him to resist.. Know what he Fucking did? Kicked the instructor in the face with his heel as a defense... And he thinks that's fine, since he didn't clarify how to defend it...
    The first line of his blog says he writes fantasy stories, clearly about his BJJ ability as well lol
    jyx43
    edited January 23
    I am too nervous to fall asleep, but I took a shower to make myself feel a bit better.

This thread is not about me. It's about an average white belt's search for training partners. There is no need to put a sticker on me and tell me I'm a two stripe whitebelt. I have two Gi's, one white, one blue and two belts to hold them together. Both belts are white. Neither one of them has any stripes.

So far nobody has volunteered to train with me, athough if we made a video of a training  session, I think it would answer a lot of questions.

Now, I did earn three stripes on my Kung Fu sash, but Kung Fu =/= BJJ

jackjitsu
    "I only watched video one. You cant pass guard worth a damn. Completely lost.
    Then you grabbed his head and pulled side control.  Ive seen plenty."
    Sir you have me confused with my opponent. I was playing guard, not passing it.

bma_mat
    "Having said that... Zero knowledge of sweeps, zero guard recovery, zero half guard."

I did ask not to be too harsh because the video is dated, didn't I?
    Lmao
    So you admit you're a white belt. Good.

/thread
    Mat, the color of my belt was never a secret. Now if you could stop trolling and let me find someone to train with???

You said one month ago that you could beat Ryan Hall and Maynard in a fight if you were given one month of preparation. With the video you just showed, it's pretty obvious you couldn't be any of the females fighting in UFC, not to mention some of the best fighters in the world.

Can't be this stupid, can you?
    jackjitsu said:

Was he different? He never made sense.

Maybe more consistent with meds back then?

"Finally we returned home.

I didn't take my medication-artane- until we got there. If you hear voices, you need to take medication to shut them up. Unfortunate, but true."

Is exactly what I would write in the blog if I was hoping that we would read it so I can make them think I'm crazy. I think it's unlikely, but there's a real possibility that he really is doing a masterful job of trolling us.
    edited January 23
    bma_mat
    You said one month ago that you could beat Ryan Hall and Maynard in a fight if you were given one month of preparation. With the video you just showed, it's pretty obvious you couldn't be any of the females fighting in UFC, not to mention some of the best fighters in the world.

Can't be this stupid, can you?
    Mat, you saw a dated video of me in competition and you assume that I just couldn't be any better than what you saw. Because it hurts your fragile pride is why you think that.
    A month of solid preparation is enough time to preapare. Professional fighters sometimes ask for three months. Maybe that's what I should have done. But like I said, I'm benched (hence the title of the thread) and I have no means to prepare for a fighting event like this. So my apologies to Ryan Hall and Gray Maynard. If they were reading that thread on jiujitsuforums.com I was wasting their time.
    edited January 23
    Your current skill level, you need 10 years of preparation to catch up to their skill level. You're just not good enough. That's my entire point...

Edit: And to be sure that you understand, I'm not talking about the kind of preparation you would do, I'm talking about training every single day three times a day and actually training with people who are better than you.
    edited January 23
    bma_mat
    Your current skill level, you need 10 years of preparation to catch up to their skill level. You're just not good enough. That's my entire point...
    Mat, I don't know how someone as impatient as yourself manages to be good at jiujitsu. Patience is required everywhere: on the mat or in life. Does it phhysically hurt you to wait for a video of training session? Just chill, dude.
    Easily. Trained with the best people I could find, and I took no shortcuts. That's why got better.
    edited January 23
    After I left San Diego Fight Club which is ran by Charlie Kohler, I went to the Arena MMA. Pat Speight was the name of the jiujitsu and mma instructor. If you wanna know more about me, just ask over there.
  • Good lord.  If you want to do BJJ and you live in a global BJJ Mecca like San Diego...but do not want to train at any of the MANY world class schools there.  WTF.

Pick a good school, put on the gi, go put in the time, learn the art.  There are NO shortcuts.

^^^ he doesnt want to be "abused" by black belts 

:roflcat:

Good lord.  If you want to do BJJ and you live in a global BJJ Mecca like San Diego...but do not want to train at any of the MANY world class schools there.  WTF.

Pick a good school, put on the gi, go put in the time, learn the art.  There are NO shortcuts.

What you say is insulting to my intelligence and yours. I already know jiujitsu, but I've got no desire of being a grappling dummy of Andre Galvao or Caio Terra, for example. If you enjoy being abused that's your business. Now I wanna learn kung fu, even though it's frustrating. Why don't you spend a little bit of time reading the thread before you blurt something out? I am trying to put together a group of practitioners who can train outside the gym. If the other guys who answer the call train somewhere, like an official school, I have no problem with that.

However, frankly speaking, guys having fun in the park or at a garage is their business only. You can't veto their ability to do that because you think they should "belong" to a school.

In the future, if you don't wanna train with me, please don't post in this thread. This thread is simply me looking to hook up with potential training partners.
    If I could ask God one thing, it would be that my future son does not turn out like you.
    Thanked by 1rediska
    You "already know jiu jitsu"? Not according to those videos
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GVpAWh171ug

Found another video of rediska!!!
    Thanked by 1rediska
    edited January 23
    Jackjitsu, can you do something about this witch hunt? I thought people would jump at a chance to train with an Expert! Instead the thread turned into one long provocation orr rather, an investigation of whether I am the real thing or not.

"You "already know jiu jitsu"? Not according to those videos"
    Yes, according to those videos. It's the Advanced Division. There was no higher division at that tournament. Maybe you think everybody there doesn't know loop choke from spinning triangle from the lasso guard?
    ca9b059edc017ddb5ff7b9928a2ba6d7
    edited January 23
    Well, damn. Everybody at the Kung Fu school thought I was an Expert. Turns out they are all clueless, because the local Internet community doesn't believe in gravity! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • davoudavou Posts: 132
    An expert wouldn't have such a jaded idea about what sort of relationship and interaction you'd expect from a world class blackbelt instructor.

People are dismissing you here because you immediately dismissed some very good advice.

Thinking you'd be used by a black-belt is delusional, because you honestly could not contribute anything of value to them SHORT of the club dues that you'd have to pay to go.

A Kung Fu school is not a place to get any proper impression of you grappling ability. Refusing to goto any formal bjj or grappling environment means that you're never going to get a good impression of you grappling ability.

I didn't watch the videos you posted because I'm at work, but people much better than myself have dismissed them as not being representative of expert/advanced skill level. That's good enough for me.

You've been given advice in this thread and ignored it full bore. If you want training partners and are not ready to consider the suggestions made here, then you should go post you're request for outdoor grappling in jeans with a side of sandwiches to your local cragistlist.
  • Dude you are a white belt.  

Trust me you will not be training with Galvao or Buchecha or anyone else like that at these schools (unless they are teaching a seminar).  They train with their fellow worldclass blackbelts.

Go to school if you want to learn BJJ.  Go to school if you want to learn Karate, Judo, Gung Fu, Krav Maga, TKD,  whatever...that is cool.

If you do not want to learn...just roll go to Open Mats readily available in San Diego.  You can also train in your garage or whatever too.  BUT if you try to pass yourself off as some expert in that garage...BJJ community will come down on you hard.

• christiancastlemanchristiancastleman Posts: 1,406
    edited January 23
    rediska said:

Jackjitsu, can you do something about this witch hunt? I thought people would jump at a chance to train with an Expert! Instead the thread turned into one long provocation orr rather, an investigation of whether I am the real thing or not.

• Expert != White Belt
  • honkytonkhonkytonk Posts: 225
    I think the op may have mental health problems.I think people who are getting wound up by him may also mental health problems haha the guys great every time he posts we get days of fun!
    edited January 23
    "Dude you are a white belt."
    An expert wouldn't have such a jaded idea about what sort of relationship and interaction you'd expect from a world class blackbelt instructor."
    Dude, it's not about belts it's about time on the mat. For me it'll be ten years on the mat soon.

Also, I didn't fall down from the sky yesterday - you guys are making me repeat myself; I trained at hardcore gyms like San Diego Fight Club and the Arena MMA.

I've done Gi, too. On my last day at the Arena I was the best guy in the line up and none of Brown Belt coaches ever managed to get me. Now it's different because at the Kung Fu school, everyone got me and I got everyone. Yes, altogether absolutely expert.

"If you do not want to learn...just roll go to Open Mats readily available in San Diego." 
    Where? Address please. Tnx.
    edited January 23
    None of the brown belts could get you. I'm a brown belt. Wire me 5k USD, and I'll use that cash to buy a plane ticket to come and roll with you. If you can survive 1 minute without tapping (or passing out or having a broken joint), I'll pay you 10k.

I've got free time to travel. Let's make it happen expert!

Edit: For my own safety, it will be at a gym agreed upon by us both and not your garage.
  • GirafaGirafa Posts: 1,231
    Just come over here and I'll do it for free. Hell I'll let you warm up against a few of my blue belts. And afterwards I'll buy you a beer.
    Girafa said:

Just come over here and I'll do it for free. Hell I'll let you warm up against a few of my blue belts. And afterwards I'll buy you a beer.

Let me make some sure money and get a free trip to San Diego... Haha
    Photo of bma_mat, shortly after arriving and meeting rediska in san diego

edited January 23
    From what  I understand from his posts on this forum, bma_mat is under-ranked at Brown Belt. So he is venting his frustration at me. Mat, I'm just a poor writer. Go read my tales if you want enterteinment. Girafa's background I have no idea, but I am sure there are Black Belts who are better/more advanced than me technically. Some people forget that the biggest gap in experience is at Black Bel level. You can meet someone who has been a Black Belt for as long as you have been training. Frankly, that's terrifying. It would be a waste of time for me to answer the challenge. Win or lose, I don't get closer to my goal which is quiet, technical training/work.
    Fear not folks, I'll try to post a more recent video of myself at first opportunity. But in my heart what I wanna do is go back to the Kung Fu school and train with the guys there. Fingers crossed.
    I'm not under ranked. Personally, i don't think I could win the world championships at Brown belt at my current level.
    bma_mat said:

I'm not under ranked. Personally, i don't think I could win the world championships at Brown belt at my current level.

You don't neet to be able to win world championships at brown belt to be underranked.

I'm sure you know my rank better than world champion black belts I train with
    Yup, years on the mat gave me good, observant eyes.
    Thx. I'll tell my coaches next time I see them.
    You are a magnificent beautiful troll, Rediska. Why not hit up the UG, or Sherdog? Clearly Noone is buying what you're selling here.
    Is that why this thread has so many replies?

I'll deal. $10/hour for kids under 15, $15/hour for teenagers 15 y.o. and up $45/hour for adults. If I don't have someone to drive me to your location, you can pick me up.

I'm pretty safe as a training parner, and I am willing to trainw with beginners, but I'd like those paying for my technique to also do a little something for me. Take your cellphone with into a hot bath and without getting it wet watch some BJJ and mixed wrestling matches.
    You do that, and Mr. Nemo should end up happy.
    .... Someone is not using his medication....
  • ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!? IS THAT NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?!?!?