Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook

In this Discussion

Comments

• jackjitsujackjitsu Posts: 19,353
    WOOOO!!!
    CONGRATS MAN!!!!

:hail: :hail: :hail:
  • HoppyHoppy Posts: 582
    awesome!!! congrats :mosh:
  • :cheer:
  • BigCP84BigCP84 Posts: 1,082
    Congrats dude! :mosh:
  • Yes!!!!!!!
  • :thumbsup: Congratulations!
  • lstbredlstbred Posts: 917
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SquareSquare Posts: 77
    Congratz!
  • billiniraqbilliniraq Posts: 2,163
    Congratulations!!!! :thumbsup:
  • nice dude big accomplishment :mosh:
  • steelducksteelduck Posts: 1,490
    Thanks everybody... The forums has been integral part of my BJJ journey. I have been here since the whitebelt. Even though I have not met in real life anyone except SamHade in Vegas, I feel like I know a lot of the guys and girls here. It's great to be part of the "brotherhood".

Here is me in the middle with my friends Tapsa and Lauri who also got their purple belts. :D

getting whipped:

it was a pretty intense gauntlet, as there where about 50 guys and I had to walk it 5 times -> 250 slashes... my back matches the color of my belt... :D

... a lot more pictures from the Lucio Linhares seminar here:
    http://www.helsinginitsepuolustuskoulu. ... syksy/120/
  • Bils90Bils90 Posts: 27
    Congrats!!
  • mikenugsmikenugs Posts: 416
    Congrats dude I cant wait for my skill level to be where it needs to be for me to get my purple. :thumbsup:
  • alcedoalcedo Posts: 254
    you might want to change your avatar pic to a bright purple belt :P
  • great how job!!!
  • SamHadeSamHade Posts: 555
    Great job buddy! Congratulations!!! I hope we get to roll together again soon, so you can kick my a*s with your purple belt powers. :-)
  • Congrats!

Now you are truly a steel duck!

:mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh:
    Great job buddy! Congratulations!!! I hope we get to roll together again soon, so you can kick my a*s with your purple belt powers. :-)
    Thanks, I hope to get some business trip to Vegas next year, but You'll propably pull some cool Team Mica sub on me again.... I still think of vegas when someone pulls a leglock on me... :D
  • Congratulations!
  • jackjitsujackjitsu Posts: 19,353
    No no no... he went from rubber ducky to lead duck. Copper is next and then steal at black belt :mrgreen:
    It has been a while since I have visited here. Actually, I never survived the forum update. :D Just did not find my way around here anymore. :) Anyways... still training, got my brown belt last summer. Here is the gauntlet:

• Congratulations on the brown belt!

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Thanked by 1steelduck
  • Tyharris14Tyharris14 Posts: 3,418
    Congrats man :thumbsup:
    edited December 2016
    steelduck said:

Still training... Now at Brown (for two years). I just found Jiu Jitsu Forums Patch in my closet and that made me to come back and chect this forum. I never survived the Forum Updete years ago. Any other forum oldtimers left here. Kudos to Jack for keeping this up. :)

• BlackMambaBlackMamba Posts: 159
    congrats!
  • Hey Steelduck!  Still a bunch of the old crew here.  BB soon?

• stevebuyshousesstevebuyshouses Posts: 5,738
    Congratulations
  • judofunk112judofunk112 Posts: 357
    congrats.  
  • gjj4lifegjj4life Posts: 303
    Well done!
  • nathan barleynathan barley Posts: 1,714
    I'm sure the recently promoted steelduck of 2010 and 2014 appreciates the congratulations.

@steelduck not sure what counts as an oldtimer but I remember you from when I joined in 2010.
    Thanked by 1steelduck
    edited March 18
    Heh... Hi Nathan.  Thank you. Still training with my brown belt. How is you training?
    I'm about 2 years into my purple now. Still some way to go before brown as I'm only training 1-2 times per week atm. Working my leg locks though, so when the time comes I'll be ready.
  • rediskarediska Posts: 1,265
    You know what... There is no point. I'm thinking of quiting. The World is not like I expected. I can play chess all day, every day. That's all I have to say.
    rediska said:

You know what... There is no point. I'm thinking of quiting. The World is not like I expected. I can play chess all day, every day. That's all I have to say.

Thank you for your contribution.