Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook

In this Discussion

Question for the women: re your body

scifigalscifigal Posts: 1,941
edited July 2010 in Jiu Jitsu Discussion
This is a little weird to talk about, but I wonder if you've found that your body has changed since starting bjj. Specifically regarding that time of the month. For example, do you find that you have more or less cramping, different flow, etc. Do you tend to go to class during that time, or do you give yourself a break? Do you find yourself more or less cranky?

I'm asking because my body has been VERY clockwork for the last several years, and I usually get REALLY INTENSE cramps to signal that that time has begun, but today I did not get that warning signal. I have never really been much into exercise, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Can you ladies help me out?

Comments

• clinzyclinzy Posts: 1,948
    Exercise will definitely alleviate cramps. If consistent exercise is new for you, that may be why you didn't notice the warning signs you've had in the past.
  • jackjitsujackjitsu Posts: 19,353
    :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

:lol:
  • gspmmafangspmmafan Posts: 359

:lol:
    That made me laugh! :rofl:
  • jiujitsunoobjiujitsunoob Posts: 3,274
    :shock:
    I have a wife and a teen daughter - these types of conversations while uncomfortable, embarrassing, whatever have ceased to phase me.

I know the answers I would tell my daughter but I'm not ABOUT to try to tell a women about her cycle - OMG no that would not EVEN be funny :rofl:

Good luck finding your answers and OH BTW there IS something called Google...

:shark:
  • jakeharris.jakeharris. Posts: 363
    haha we have one thread about cramps when rolling and another about not having cramps at all.. is there any way everyone can be pleased?
  • scifigalscifigal Posts: 1,941
    Good luck finding your answers and OH BTW there IS something called Google...
    Isn't a google a 1 followed by 100 zeros? ;) Kidding.

Google is great, but I also am asking people here who I have been interacting with about their personal experience, which is personal. Google, not always personal, and not always good info.
  • bma_matbma_mat Posts: 11,964

Thank god I'm not a woman.

/flameshield up.

But seriously, thank the heavens.

Thank Rickson Gracie I'm not a woman.

/flameshield up.

To be fair, I also thank God you're not a woman.
    I find it hilarious that only one woman has commented, but a bunch of dudes decided they couldn't stay away! And to basically say "omg being a woman is icky!" :lol:
  • bma_matbma_mat Posts: 11,964

Thank Rickson Gracie I'm not a woman.

/flameshield up.

To be fair, I also thank Rickson Gracie you're not a woman.
    And I thank god that women are not men :D

:thumbsup:
  • stillwatersstillwaters Posts: 1,292
    This is a little weird to talk about, but I wonder if you've found that your body has changed since starting bjj. Specifically regarding that time of the month. For example, do you find that you have more or less cramping, different flow, etc. Do you tend to go to class during that time, or do you give yourself a break? Do you find yourself more or less cranky?

I'm asking because my body has been VERY clockwork for the last several years, and I usually get REALLY INTENSE cramps to signal that that time has begun, but today I did not get that warning signal. I have never really been much into exercise, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Can you ladies help me out?
    No changes in frequency, but my "symptoms" have been less intense. I don't go to class in the first 48hrs or so...and I'd probably be so busy worrying about rolling around in white pants, I'd be submitted left and right.
    For all the men who REALLY need help understanding women :mrgreen:
    *ducks for cover*

• MB7716MB7716 Posts: 80
    For all the men who REALLY need help understanding women :mrgreen:
    *ducks for cover*

LOLOL! NICE! And oh-so-true.
    I can only picture the men going " :shock: What the hell...the women have taken over our jiujitsu forum!"

In all honesty, any new strenuous excersise routine is going to change your cycle. Don't think it's a bad thing unless you begin missing it, in which case you may be physically exhausting your body TOO much.

And for the men's sake, that's all I'll say for now. (Besides, I wouldn't want to read a thread from a man talking about his groin cup, or anything similar. haha) PM me if you'd like to talk some more. :thumbsup:
    Now you want us to PM you about groin cups??! :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:
  • jiujitsunoobjiujitsunoob Posts: 3,274
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wish I would have read that before you did - that is priceless!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wish I would have read that before you did - that is priceless!
    LOL. Niiiccceeee....darn unfortunate phrasing!

But hey....you wanna talk to me about your groin cup? Gopher it. :-p
  • Lynn139261Lynn139261 Posts: 32
    wow....all that kurfluffel about a woman's period....omg...a bloody cooch....gasp what will we all do? i actually found my cycle changed...due to the intense workouts.... but i am an old lady too... maybe i am going through menopause..who knows...lol...i think that all gi's should have black pants...LOL... and i noticed that when i have PMS sometimes i really want to kill someone..so those days i dont go to class....LOL