Forum

Bellator MMA World Grand Prix 2018  

RSS
FlowJoeJitsu
(@flowjo)
Estimable Member

As expected, Bellator MMA will indeed crown a new heavyweight champion in 2018, but rather than a simple title fight to fill the vacant slot, the promotion has put together a blockbuster tournament featuring a bevy of MMA superstars.
Bellator President Scott Coker told MMAjunkie and USA TODAY Sports that the company will host an eight-man heavyweight tournament known as the Bellator MMA World Grand Prix 2018, with the winner earning the vacant Bellator belt. “This is going to be something that’s iconic for us,” Coker said. “Tournaments, traditionally, are kind of the way martial arts contests happen. Now we get to put eight iconic brand names in our sport together over a year, and then whoever wins will be crowned the heavyweight champion.”

The eight contestants include some of the organization’s most recognizable heavyweights, including former PRIDE champion Fedor Emelianenko (36-5 MMA, 0-1 BMMA), two-time former UFC titleholder Frank Mir (18-11 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), Matt Mitrione (12-5 MMA, 3-0 BMMA), and Roy Nelson (23-14 MMA, 1-0 BMMA).
Additionally, four light heavyweight stars are moving up a division for a chance at heavyweight gold, with current 205-pound champ Ryan Bader (24-5 MMA, 2-0 BMMA), former UFC champ Quinton Jackson (37-12 MMA, 4-1 BMMA), ex-Strikeforce titleholder Muhammed Lawal (21-6 MMA, 10-4 BMMA) and multi-time UFC title challenger Chael Sonnen (29-15-1 MMA, 1-1 BMMA) also confirmed for the grand prix.
The tournament bouts will be contested throughout 2018, with the current plan calling for one tournament fight per night at seven yet-to-be-decided Bellator events. The final is tentatively scheduled for December 2018.
The tournament draw will be determined in the near future.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 1:37 am
rediska
(@rediska)
Noble Member

So. Are you competing in it, FlowJoeJitsu? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 5:22 am
Girafa
(@girafa)
Noble Member

Pretty cool to see the old guys go at it again. If all of them were in their prime, I'd say Fedor would get it. But now I lean more towards Matt Mitrione as the favourite, and perhaps Moh lawal might take it as well. Nonetheless there will be interesting fights to say the least. Cross our fingers and hope nobody gets injured.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 4:11 pm
FlowJoeJitsu
(@flowjo)
Estimable Member

No not a heavy weight.   But nice to see it being a tournament style.  Like how ufc first started.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 4:40 pm

FlowJoeJitsu
(@flowjo)
Estimable Member

I see Mir or Mitrione winning

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 4:41 pm
FlowJoeJitsu
(@flowjo)
Estimable Member

Rediska I do however train and help train guys that wanna do mma

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 5:35 pm
rediska
(@rediska)
Noble Member

So if one of the guys you train Feels that he Knows what part of the game he wants to focus on, to have more tools in the toolbox and cover he gaping holes, is that a Problem?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 9:31 pm
FlowJoeJitsu
(@flowjo)
Estimable Member

usually when I train with someone we train everything stand up, ground, cardio. your the only person that I ever met that thinks that they don't need to be taught that they already know. last person that I trained with was my cousin and its been a while. but if someone wants to train I make up a training plan if they feel that their cardio is good too bad its part of the plan . maybe one of his "Holes" is caused by something that he needs to hone a little.But I never had any problems. its never wrong to train on everything. its like my job I'm a firefighter have been for years but I always train on what I already know. gotta train on the basic stuff or you don't understand the advanced stuff. and the basic stuff is the ground work for the advance. just like jiu jitsu the more mat time you have the better you will and can be and then the advance techniques will come easy. I would expect you to know that but your too good for that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 10:41 pm

FlowJoeJitsu
(@flowjo)
Estimable Member

but myself I train in everything I can and I practice what I am already good at. and yes I do use jiu jitsu at work especially when I'm out on the ambulance and someone gets crazy cause the police arnt always available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 10:44 pm
FlowJoeJitsu
(@flowjo)
Estimable Member

But anyways this post was about bellator and the heavy weight tournament.   Not how I train with somebody. So go make some more pointless shadow boxing videos

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 10:52 pm
rediska
(@rediska)
Noble Member

You are WRONG, Sir. You are definitely wrong. There is no reason to train with you if you don't understand the power a GAMEPLAN can have. I am not talking about standing vs ground  or cardio, because I would be doing all of those. I am talking about a COMPLETE GAME THAT IS UNIQUE. I will simply train with someone else.

Edited: 1 year  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 11:21 pm
FlowJoeJitsu
(@flowjo)
Estimable Member

Did I say anything about a game plan.  No I didn’t. Leave me alone you troll your a piece of garbage that just thinks that he’s right about every thing.  Can we remove this guy please.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 11:46 pm

FlowJoeJitsu
(@flowjo)
Estimable Member

You can’t train with me due to you on the other side of the United States you moron.   But not once did I ever say anything about not making a fucking game plan.   When I train it’s a complete work out.    Again my post wasn’t about training.   So again go crawl back in your hole

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2017 11:49 pm
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register